Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'll save you time.. AU is a community

American University is defiantly a community. As we discussed in class there are certain characteristics needed to be a community. American has a set group of leaders, the students here all share a common location and a common set of goals. The students also have local pride in their community and share in tasks around the area to make the location better.

All of these ideas make me believe that American is a great community.

I love walking around the quad and seeing tons of students wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts with American University logos covering every part of them. In a round about way, I am glad to see the students pride because I know that I have the same pride. AU is a place where people come together and I do believe that a very large majority of students are very glad that they can not only call AU their community but also their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment