Monday, October 26, 2009

El Presidente

I really liked meeting with President Kerwin. However, I would like to complain that I got dressed up and even shaved my "beard"; but there was no film crew nor was their anyone taking pictures of this event.

He seemed like a really fun guy and seemed to really like his postion. I felt slightly bad for him in that I honestly felt that he knew that being president meant a change in what he must spealize in, but I beleive that he really did wish that he could still focus on the academics. Not to sound corny, but I think being able to help direcetly educate a young mind, seems vasitly more noble then going to meetings and making long term plans. (Even though it is these meetings and plans that ultimately make sure there is still a University and funding avaialable so that we can have an education).

I would enjoy being president, but I think from what he describes being the provost is a much more involved job that deals much more with the students and controlling what and how they learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment