Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Community?

I think that American University is a community, but like most large communities it contains many smaller communities that are more intimate. It's odd for me to think of American University as a community since I still don't know the majority of people, but I realized that was the case in my hometown as well. Still, UC or the clubs I'm in (well, some of them anyway) feel a lot more like communities because I actually know people, plus we have something in common (even if in the case of UC it's "being somewhat undecided.") I'm not sure what everyone in American University has in common, besides being college students with good enough statistics to get into AU (and of course that only applies to the students.) Basically, I think that American University is a community but not a very tight knit one.

No comments:

Post a Comment