Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Reflection

Thanksgiving was a lot of food and fun. Lets focus on the important part, which was that it was home cooked, not TDR food. Not that I don’t like TDR, but it was a wonderful break from it. Aside from that, we went to my uncles house, which had the football game on. That’s important. After all, Thanksgiving is about the three F’s: Family, Food, Football. Anyway, watching some of the game and eating, that about covers my Thanksgiving day. Anyway, around the middle of September, I wrote a reflection on what it was like to be home after being a college. This is my follow up. It was a lot more freedom still. A lot more than I ever had at home. My curfew got moved back (yeah, I had a curfew) and usually I could go and do what I wanted to. However, there were still plenty of restrictions. I still had to keep my room clean, and help around the house. Within the first 10 minutes of my arrival, my mom and dad had told me that I would be raking the yard some time that week. It was a very interesting welcome home. Still, I didn’t mind the raking, (my dog was playing in my pile of leaves, which made it interesting) and the week sailed by. Friends all came by to see me, and we met several times throughout the week, discussing anything from the past and how our lives in college were. The general agreement was that nobody is looking forward to finals. Go figure. This would ultimately lead into a discussion of which class was our hardest and what funny things our professor did. (Don’t worry, explorations didn’t come up in the conversation) Anyway, by the second time we met, that conversation had worn itself out, and everybody started focusing on other topics, and making new memories. I think I mentioned that the high school play was last Saturday. This was interesting for me to go back and see what I left behind, not to mention hear all the stories of the drama. (not the play itself, the teenage drama) Announcing the winner on stage was a lot of fun too, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This is making me think I might try out for acting in a play here at American maybe. You never know unless you try, so I might as well. What is the worst that could happen? Anyway, I am writing this reflection while on the Amtrak train. So far I have written an outline, formatted that into an essay, had a friendly conversation with what must have been the coolest conductor ever, and met a student at Catholic University, who is sitting across from me in the café section of the car right now. I would like to proclaim my train ride productive. So basically I have learned was I am at my best when my internet is off. This is a good thing to rediscover right before finals (I knew this before, I just never tried it) So basically, whoever reads this, this week if you see me online while I am studying, walk over and slap me upside the head or yell at me for being online. Maybe that will help me to achieve better grades. In other news, I have to write a paper on the Iphone for Explorations, if you have an Iphone, come talk to me! Please? Anyway, thanks for reading, I am going to try to outline my Iphone paper now.

No comments:

Post a Comment