Monday, November 30, 2009

Reflection

It's quite strange the way that Thanksgiving break is only two weeks before the end of term. Now I'm back, there's two weeks left, and yet it feels like the semester is already over. I've filled out evaluations for most of my classes and everything. It's strange to think that there's still two (very work filled) weeks of school. I guess reflecting on the semester should really be saved for my last reflection, but I'm honestly not sure what to write about for this one...I suppose the experience of going home would make the most sense. I went home one time before this, but that was after I'd only been at school a month and things didn't really feel that different. When my parents visited me for parent's weekend, I did start to feel a difference- it seemed like they were treating me like somewhat more of an adult.

According to that progression, when I went home for Thanksgiving I should have felt more mature than ever...but I'm not sure. Interacting with my parents didn't feel that different than it had during parent's weekend. Moreover, when I went to a dance over break I felt just as socially uncomfortable as I always do in those sorts of settings, even though there were a lot of people I knew there. I guess I had somehow helped that college would mature me...and I guess by "mature" I mean turn me into a bit more of an extrovert...which might have been a little unrealistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment