Sunday, November 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home Again

After spending almost a week at home, I have come to the conclusion that things have changed back home and with my relationships, but the things that mean most to me have stayed consistent. My close bonds with my family and best friends have remained even after not seeing them that much for about three months now. I also realized moments after stepping foot inside my warm house that there's something very unique to being home during the winter holidays. This weekend I also had to say goodbye to my first car that I learned how to drive in which was surprisingly more upsetting than it should be. All in all, the coziness and comfort of being in my own home with my family and the usual rituals that take place during the holiday season immediately made me feel at ease and was the best distraction from the stresses of college.

This was also one of the first times I was with my extended family for a long period of time so I had to go through the questioning of my college experience so far. How's college? How's the roommate? How are classes? I got really good at answering these questions. It was interesting when I tried to explain Explorations to them, however, because they had a hard time comprehending the fact that I lived with my classmates. They immediately asked if that meant that all we did was study and do homework together, so I was able to enlighten them that the living component of the university college program leads to much more than homework buddies.

Now, about a week and a half and a crazy amount of work between me being at home for about a month! I can't believe my first semester of college is coming to an end...

No comments:

Post a Comment