Sunday, November 29, 2009

Don't worry, I'm back

I was home for thanksgiving and realized that while I have changed a lot, there are parts of me that have not changed at all.

I'm a procrastinator, I have been one for me entire life and unfortunately when I came back from New York today, I realized I am still clearly a procrastinator.

I went home with 5 books that I knew I had to read or finish by the end of the semester. I am now back sitting in my dorm and have 5 books that are sitting on my desk in my to do pile. I did read a few chapters of 2 of the books and am almost now caught up for one of my classes, however I am realizing that time is upon me to start trying.

(This is by the way I have ever done a blog, and for that I am proud.)

While I remain very consistent in my work habitat, I realized there were a lot of things in my life that were different or different about me now that I was back.

Me and my girlfriend broke up a few months ago and this was the first time I was back and had time to actually do things. (I am not trying to be sappy here, by the way). But its weird going back and not having her with me to do things. I have other friends in my town for sure, but for the past year and a half, I spent the vast majority of my free (and sometimes not free) time with her. I think its going to take sometime to get used to for sure.

I also know I have grown a lot since entering college. (Not in weight I hope). I made a mess in my living room and realized my mom wouldn't be impressed so I cleaned up before she even woke up. I also went shopping solely for other people (something I barely ever do), and while I saw things that I could definitely enjoy, I realized that I did not need them and decided not to buy them and was very proud of my self for doing so.

Until next time,
Sasafras

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, he bought me a secret service headset! Best present ever! And I agree, I felt much mroe grown up at home since college. I was given much more responsiblity, and I handled it well. I must say I was almost impressed at how well it went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin, as your room mate for over the last three months, I really have seen you mature, not that you were immature when we first met. It's just that you seem to see things with clearer eyes and what I recognize now as a broadened horizon, like when we talk about girls and other problems. I am proud of you. In living without parents and constant instruction, you, as well as all of us students, slowly grow up. We truly have been learning responsibility and it is an enlightening process.

    ReplyDelete