Monday, September 14, 2009

Reflection 3

I am going to write this reflection about going home and my identity there. I was told be people that upon going home I will be treated differently, and as though I am much older, because I went to college. I thought that this would be a big change, and in a way, it bothered me. I did not want my home life to change. However, when I met my mom, it she didn’t seem to treat me any different, other than being very happy that I was home. But that is the beginning I guess. I stayed home that day, and my dad was the same way, and that made me happy. On Saturday my friends were all going through the same thing, so they treated me the same as usual. The only difference I noticed was with my neighbors, who treated me much less like a teenager and more like an adult. It was very nice, but I kind of miss the old way. It just didn’t remind me of home as much. I did not get to see my relatives, or my sister, so I will keep you guys posted on how that goes.
Anyway, I want to also bring up the National Portrait Gallery. It was an experience I thought would be boring, but I ate my words; because that was one of the most interesting places I ever attended. I liked comparing pictures, and though it I could see the identities of the people. The best example is the George Washington portrait. In there you could see how the artist showed George Washington’s position in American Society in comparison to how he felt about himself. It was amazing to see in person. I liked the portraits of the Champions exhibit. It was awesome seeing the stars I did and did not know. It gave me something to relate to outside of history, even though it technically was. Anyway, I think I got the point across that I liked the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment