Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Harry Potter Book From Home!

Ok, well I brought many things from home with me to school. However, the thing made sure I brought was the book Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling. I brought this book because I read somewhere that I should bring something that comforts you to college. This book was the first major book I loved and continue to love. Whenever I was angry or upset, I would sit down with this book and read. It felt good to escape into a world different than my own. It still does. As for my identity, well I guess it can say that I love to read. It also says that I enjoy the unknown and fantasy. I also like to have a sense of adventure and meaning.
My friends have said that it means I like reading, fantasy, and adventure. I agree with them. It also says that I have a strong bond to my childhood and I don’t take myself seriously because I read a fun book. I missed these elements, but I actually like that the book makes them think that, so I endorse their comments! Besides, it makes me sound cool!
They did miss some elements that I added, but I am probably biased and dramatizing myself. But, a boy can dream can’t he? Well, according to Goffman, it is the front that I put on that interprets how people view the book in relationship to me. I think this book is symbolizing a backstage to my front at college, because it is showing a link to the real me, not the performance me. I also felt the need for it to show I have a meaning. But, do I really need that? I have a meaning. I am working hard now, doing the best I can, and trying to have fun along the way, for a better future for myself, and if I am lucky, at least one other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment