Friday, December 4, 2009

Yankees

I would like to be part of the community of New York Yankee fans. Well, I am, but I will tell you why it is a good thing. The NY Yankees and their fans are very loyal. They follow the team and the played around. When you are at a ball park, you can look around, and see everybody with you cheering together for the same team. As if you don't think everybody is united, just wait until you see a wave in the stands. That takes unity for the fact it is both unplanned and uncoordinated. Everybody just has to work together to get the wave complete. I like that I can go up to somebody, ask, “Yankees?” and if they say yes talk to them for 5 minutes about the team. The World Series brought fans together even more, as they were followed and rooted for. One time at a sports event I mad friends with somebody I didn't know just because we were rooting for the same team together. It is a common uniting factor. Besides that, together, you form an allegiance from the attack fronts of the Mets, Phillies, and of course the Red Soxs. Those teams will attack you, so you depend on your allies to keep you from falling over. Not that it matters. 27 World Series is generally a good enough comeback for anything they throw your way. In the end, they are just jealous. (I would like to take this time to apologize to Ben and Molly for anything they find offensive about the Boston Red Soxs in this blog)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sean, who won the World Series in 2008? The Phillies, yeah that's right! I'm just kidding. Kind of. I agree though. Sports have an incredible way of bringing people together and tearing people apart. Sports are able to unite friends, families, strangers like you mentioned, and entire cities like nothing else can. It's amazing. I'm proud to say I support the teams I do because I know there's countless others with me. It's a great feeling. I love going to Phillies and Eagles games, with thousands of other diehards united with the same cause. It's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean!!! It is such a simple dream I love it, it is like what someone said in class today - you can make a new goal everyday, and clearly this one is very achievable and it has already been achieved. Like awrbi says it unites people, and that it a great feeling. Though baseball is not my favorite sport, when I attended the nationals game it was an amazing environment because clearly we were all there for the same purpose almost like an unspoken bond. Its great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to be hating Sean, but rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Wal-Mart. Don't get me wrong it's a perfectly good community to belong to but they just lack the under dog quality. When they play a game most people just assume they'll win. There's no tension or prayers attatched when they play. They could win even if nobody rooted for them. Smaller clubs just give the sense that you helped them win.

    ReplyDelete