Sunday, August 30, 2009

Reflection one: National's Stadium

I would like to talk about how I feel on the Nationals Ball Park for my reflection. To go right to the point, I feel that given time (and a much better team) the ballpark will be a success. People in D.C. are skeptical right now, and they should be. It is a new team to the area, it is using the history of all baseball in the area to link itself to the community, and it is in LAST place. So yeah, right now, it is not going to seem as though it is helping the area. Yet, once this economy repairs itself (optimistic right?) the area around the ball park is expected to grow exponentially. There are shops and buildings just waiting to be built! It’s basically just bidding its time.
Several concerns were thought up about the ball park. To list them, people feel it cost the city to much money to build and it has yet to start to affect the area. Well, since reading my College Writing book I have learned that it is good to address everything against your argument. So here I go. It did cost a lot of money. 693 million dollars in tax payer’s money to be exact. (http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium.cfm) But, if the area of the Capital River Front BID can use this to build up its economy, than the stadium will be well worth the money. It has yet to become affect the area significantly because of the economy not picking up, however when the shops come in, I feel it will result in a better area, more jobs, and better area. I also want to point out that in our group, except for one person who abstained from the vote, the decision of if it was worth building the field was divided along gender lines. The boys supported the stadium, and the girls did not. I don’t know why, but I thought it was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment